Sunday, November 7, 2010

Time Change

I dislike time change Sunday for many reasons. For starters, just ask my husband how I do when we travel and cross time zones. It would have been helplful for me to have had some math problems on time zones during my school years. And maybe be did. I just don't remember.

You know the saying, "spring forward, fall backward"? Pretty much everyone hates the spring because you lose and hour and everyone LOVES the fall because you get to sleep an extra hour. That's not the case when you have a 2 1/2 yr old and a 5 month old.  There's no extra hour.  They don't know how to tell time. They don't understand the clocks have changed so we can "sleep in". Ain't happenin. Not around here!

Last week, both boys started waking early, which traslates to anywhere from 4:30-6:30am instead of their usual 7:00-7:30am.  I knew the time change was coming and I dreaded it. Lucky for us, we got to "sleep in" until around 5:30am today which is 6:30am old time.  Never in my life did I think I would have cooked, had a sit down breakfast, and be done well before 6:30 am. And then to be thankful that "that" was sleeping in. We went to some friends' church today because their son was being dedicated and the service was at 11:00.  It was the longest morning ever before it was finally time to leave for church.

Time changes confuse me immensely.  For weeks, I will look at the clock, see what time it is, and try to figure out what time it used to me. I know it's only one hour difference. It should be simple. Not for me. Maybe it's so simple that I make it complicated. 

If it were just me, or just Matt and I, the time change wouldn't be as big of a deal. (and I really would have had an extra hour today!) I don't know that I'd go so far as to say life at our house revolves around the two little munchkins, but if it doesn't, it comes real close to that.  Wake up time, naps, lunch, naps, playtime, bathtime, bedtime, church, mom's day out, going anywhere-it's all affected by the clock. 

It's not even 9:00pm. I'm already tired.  I usually feel ready for bed around 8:00 which means I should have been tired around......ok, I'm already stumped. Time to go do my night chores and be ready to wake up earlier than I would like. I will be greeted by a big dimpled smile, a tired but pleasant husband, and an unpredictable toddler-sometimes pleasant like daddy, but usually grumpy like his mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment