Friday, October 22, 2010

The Why and What's To Come

Why a blog? I'm not an avid blog reader. I've probably only looked at 10 or less. My passion for journaling plus my love for connecting with people on facebook led me to want to blog. I am a woman of many words (my poor husband) and there is a lot I want to say.  Growing up I was very shy, not so quiet around close friends, but shy. And very insecure.  After I got married, I was still a pretty private person and did not want everyone knowing my business.  Now that I am on facebook, I think I may have gone the other way and share too much information. At some point, I'll learn the balance.

I don't think life is meant to be lived alone. There is so much to learn from others and opportunites to help others. To put it simply, my purpose in life is to love God and love others. My desire is that I will make a positive difference in other's lives, whatever that may be. My blog will be sharing bits of my life and things I am passionate about, with hopes that whoever reads it will be a better person in some way.

So what are the bits of my life that I will write about?  Childhood memories, people who have influenced me, my struggles, my joys, my sons' birth stories, life as a mom, funny things that happen, and pretty much anything else that happens in day to day life.  There are also things I am passionate about and I love to talk about them. A few of my passions are my journey as a Christian, organizing, homebirth and natural family living, health, good food, and being creative.

For some reason, people are fascinated with other peoples lives, but it is odd to me that anyone would care to read about ordinary me writing about my simple life. I hope you enjoy my blog. I hope you leave comments. I welcome questions and I hope you will be bold enough to ask.

1 comment: